Friday, July 17, 2015

Quote on Eid al-Fitr

I saw these lines yesterday when I was browsing about Eid al-Fitr. Too bad, I cannot find the author or writer or where these lines are originated from.
Let's write all the mistakes down in the sand
And let the wind of forgiveness erase it away
Happy Idul Fitri, Minal 'Aidin wal-Faizin 
I would like to share this with you. You know, in a Eid al-Fitr (Idul Fitri - Indonesian way to refer to Eid al-Fitr) celebratory spirit.
Let's just ignore the grammatical errors because I do that a lot too. I will just write some lines in regards to the content of those lines.
Dear author of those lines,
When you write down mistakes on the sand,
it is the water job to erase them away
(or sea water if what you mean by sand is the one at the beach).
Sincerely, the wind.
Wait for it.... YES! There's a reply!
Dear the stupid wind above,
It's not writing on the sand, it's called writing IN the sand.
Furthermore, the sand there does not necessarily mean wet sand.
It's obvious wind can blow away dry sand.
Sincerely, the kinda bitchy and most certainly clever wind.
Is it a good laugh for you? It certainly is, for me. LOL.

Well, me with my not-so-professional grammar, have no idea which one is the correct one. Is it 'writing in the sand' or 'writing on the sand'? I try to google it and I think 'writing in the sand' is the correct one....(still not so sure) because there is a book (Writing in the Sand: Jesus & the Soul of the Gospels by Thomas Moore) and a song (Writing in the Sand by Theocracy) with that title.

Hmm. I'll use 'writing in the sand' instead of 'writing on the sand'. I mean, it is not possible to write on the sand, right? When you try to write with sand as your 'paper', it'll need to sink in to form a word. If it doesn't sink, in this case, a hard (?) sand, then there won't be a word formed....UNLESS you use marker or paint or whatever that you use to write something. Well, then I guess 'writing on the sand' works just fine too.

Jesie S.
Medan, Fri, 17 July 2015.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks halco light bulbs

    ReplyDelete