Sunday, August 23, 2015

Birthday Card for E

This is my first quilling project. Despite being my first project, I think it looks awesome. I love the finished product. 

If you don't know what is quilling, click here. Well, it is basically a form of art where you roll strips of paper and make it into some sort of shape. 

After rolling like forever, I start arranging my rolled paper on a piece of white card. I didn't plan any of that finished design except for the pot. Yea...I planned to make a pot from the beginning of my project. No particular reason. I just wanna try making a pot from the quilled paper. 

Arranging those quilled stuffs, apparently, took more than forever... (I rearrange so many times, I lost count). Not to mention sticking those quilled paper to the card feel like hell b'cos I need to be really really really careful in applying the glue so that it's not a mess.

Well, look at the finished product after all of those. Better than I was hoping! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E! Here's my thanks for making me a better person in the form of a handmade card.

I printed some words inside the card.
Friends are like MEMORIES
When you get the chance to make a GOOD one
You NEVER forget it!
Happy Birthday, E!
Those are the words I printed (and yes, I googled it).

The quilling part really gave me satisfaction when it's done. Maybe because of this 'it's not gonna end' feeling when I quilled and quilled and quilled with so much patient. So much effort! I hope you like this card, E!

Jesie S.
Medan, Tue, 27 October 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment