Saturday, April 25, 2015

Touché, Alchemist by Windhy Puspitadewi

Puspitadewi, Windhy, Touché, Alchemist, (Jakarta : PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2014)
This 224 pages of story is very interesting. The cover is much MUCH better than the first book that I read. However, when I saw the advertisement of the first book on the last page of this book, it has a different cover than the one that I read...Hmm...

Seeee??? Very different from the picture I posted before at Touché (here's the link), right? If this is the cover, I LOVE IT! And THIS cover perfectly describe the content of the book! LOVE IT!!!
Anyway, back to the second book. Here's the cover and the back.

The cover makes me think the main character is super cool and super genius! But while reading the book, I fell out of love... Well, it's not because of his personality, but because I have very very little description I got from the book....about his looks. The description is mostly about his super messy hair. Though the super genius part is not wrong and the super cool part might not be so far off, but still....I fell out of love. That's all there is to it.

Picture of the back of the book is still with the bookmark there just because I L.O.V.E it. Did u notice the pattern? Oh wait, you need to touch it to FEEL the pattern. Oh my, so addictive to touch (bookmark and the whole cover [both the front and the back] of the book).

Anyway, the book. Hmm...It gave me a needy feeling to finish the whole thing in a day. It has a very fast plot, which entertained me most of the time. 

The second book is much more interesting than the first one, although...the main mystery in the book is actually easily solve in the middle of it. Maybe that's the author's style...? Different from most mystery book, which authors always try to make the readers confuse, Puspitadewi is pretty much very to the point. 

The characters....are not my type... Hahaha. I usually like a cheeky genius brat, but this guy is not really one that I like.. I think it's because of the lack description of him. However! I like his cynical comments. Other characters didn't catch my interest. 

All in all, if there's the third book of this Touché series, I would love to read it. Why? Because Touché itself is a very interesting idea. The fact that the author use some real famous person here and there contribute to my reason too. The kind of book that connect itself to real world around us is the kind of book that pique my interest the most. So...yea. This book is in the list.

Jesie S.
Medan, Wed, 25 April 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment